- 1The ratio of the width to the height of the image on a television screen.More example sentences
- By choosing the amount by which we squeeze the image inwards, we can transmit an image that has the right aspect ratio on any widescreen television.
- Preserving the full-frame aspect ratio of the television broadcast, the video here is clean, bright, and surprisingly warm.
- Worst of all, the film has been modified from its original aspect ratio to ‘full screen format.’
- 2 Aeronautics The ratio of the span to the mean chord of an aerofoil.More example sentences
- Another interesting thing is that the speed polar of the higher aspect ratio wing (constant span) lies above the original polar at all speeds!
- Wing area doesn't effect it, other than more area generally means a lower aspect ratio, and therefore lower span efficiency.
- Physically, the new wing will have a higher aspect ratio and a more pronounced sweepback angle, allowing for more efficient high-speed cruise performance.
More definitions of aspect ratioDefinition of aspect ratio in:
- The US English dictionary