A condition in which certain fungi infect the tissues, most commonly the lungs.
- The fungi are blackish moulds of the genus Aspergillus, subdivision Deuteromycotina
More example sentences
- Rarer conditions include aspergillosis (a serious lung infection) and cryptococcal meningitis (infection causing swelling in the brain, which can be life threatening).
- Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis is most often a complication of asthma or cystic fibrosis.
- No subjects reported a history of clinically demonstrable tuberculosis or allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis as defined by the criteria of Rosenberg and colleagues.
More definitions of aspergillosisDefinition of aspergillosis in:
- The US English dictionary