North American informal
Definition of ass-backwards in English:
In a manner contrary to what is usual, expected, or logical: I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards
More example sentences
- I was no longer attacking the slopes ass-backwards.
- The philosophy behind this is that the best way to find fun is by stumbling ass-backwards into it, and what better way is there to stumble than drunkenly?
- Basically, you just try stuff until you fall ass-backwards over the solution to the problem.
adjectiveBack to top
Contrary to what is usual, expected, or logical.
- The funny thing about this ass-backwards argument is that every time I ask a member of the ad-industry if the critics are right, s/he says yes.
- This, I think, is one of the most ass-backwards notions of the modern voter.
- Lyrical bombs are lobbed at the media, at celebrity-saturated culture, the ass-backwards music industry and America's foreign policy.
Definition of ass-backwards in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan