North American informal
In a manner contrary to what is usual, expected, or logical: I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards
More example sentences
- I was no longer attacking the slopes ass-backwards.
- The philosophy behind this is that the best way to find fun is by stumbling ass-backwards into it, and what better way is there to stumble than drunkenly?
- Basically, you just try stuff until you fall ass-backwards over the solution to the problem.
Contrary to what is usual, expected, or logical.
- The funny thing about this ass-backwards argument is that every time I ask a member of the ad-industry if the critics are right, s/he says yes.
- This, I think, is one of the most ass-backwards notions of the modern voter.
- Lyrical bombs are lobbed at the media, at celebrity-saturated culture, the ass-backwards music industry and America's foreign policy.
Definition of ass-backwards in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.