A long-legged predatory or bloodsucking bug which occurs chiefly in the tropics and feeds mainly on other arthropods. Some of those that bite humans can transmit microorganisms such as that causing Chagas' disease.
- Family Reduviidae, suborder Heteroptera: numerous species
More example sentences
- An assassin bug passes by and eats the clutch for breakfast.
- Perhaps it is this effect that the assassin bug uses to gauge its distance from a victim?
- They are called kissing bugs or assassin bugs in English, but in Latin America they have many regional names.
More definitions of assassin bugDefinition of assassin bug in:
- The US English dictionary