Definition of asset stripping in English:
The practice of taking over a company in financial difficulties and selling each of its assets separately at a profit without regard for the company’s future.
- When working on controversial buy-outs, they have been accused of asset stripping and looking to make a fast buck without caring about the future of employees.
- Unlike employees of a large enterprise, employees/owners of a small enterprise are less likely to rely upon profit reserves and asset stripping for the immediate improvement of their living conditions.
- Out there in the world of university money and politics we are witnessing thinking and planning that involves sly manoeuvring, takeover bids, and asset stripping.
asset stripper noun
- Example sentences
- Something may yet be retrieved once the asset strippers have done their worst - a management buy-out is one possibility.
- If it were judged purely on a commercial basis the return on capital would stimulate the interest of every asset stripper in town.
- Many other football clubs still face extinction because of the actions of asset strippers.
Definition of asset stripping in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan