noun (plural assiduities)[mass noun]
- 1Constant or close attention to what one is doing: the assiduity with which he could wear down his opponentsMore example sentences
- Yet the young mother also hoped the girl could develop the characteristics of persistence, independence and assiduity.
- This valuable volume confirms the dedicated assiduity with which Crawford Seeger channelled her ‘modernist’ instincts into the most refined kind of folk-song transcription she could manage.
- This he followed with patient assiduity, and a mind ever open to the lessons of piety and benevolence which such a study is so well calculated to afford.
late Middle English: from Latin assiduitas, from assiduus 'occupied with' (see assiduous).
More definitions of assiduityDefinition of assiduity in:
- The US English dictionary