- A respiratory condition marked by attacks of spasm in the bronchi of the lungs, causing difficulty in breathing. It is usually connected to allergic reaction or other forms of hypersensitivity.More example sentences
- The fungi can also worsen the symptoms of asthma and cause allergic sinusitis.
- Members suffer from illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
- If you have allergic asthma, you or other family members may well also suffer from eczema or hay fever.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin asma, from Greek asthma, from azein 'breathe hard'.
More definitions of asthmaDefinition of asthma in:
- The US English dictionary