Definition of asthmatic in English:
Relating to or suffering from asthma.
- Up to 80 per cent of asthmatic children have allergic rhinitis.
- Children with documented cat allergy or with asthmatic symptoms triggered by a cat should avoid cats.
- Students were diagnosed with asthma if both questionnaires confirmed the presence of asthmatic symptoms.
nounBack to top
- Example sentences
- 'You know, the future of this country lies in this railway's reconstruction,' says a local teacher, as the train pulls asthmatically into Lobito.
- He first swallowed, and then began to gasp asthmatically.
- The ramshackle trucks, coughing asthmatically, clambered on over China's battered, tortuous highways.
Words that rhyme with asthmaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of asthmatic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan