- Relating to or suffering from asthma.More example sentences
- Up to 80 per cent of asthmatic children have allergic rhinitis.
- Children with documented cat allergy or with asthmatic symptoms triggered by a cat should avoid cats.
- Students were diagnosed with asthma if both questionnaires confirmed the presence of asthmatic symptoms.
nounBack to top
- A person who suffers from asthma.More example sentences
- Blanc found that 15% of American adult asthmatics reported that their asthma was worse at work.
- This is similar to what happens in allergic asthmatics.
- As a result of these symptoms, asthmatics may not tolerate exertion.
- More example sentences
- 'You know, the future of this country lies in this railway's reconstruction,' says a local teacher, as the train pulls asthmatically into Lobito.
- He first swallowed, and then began to gasp asthmatically.
- The ramshackle trucks, coughing asthmatically, clambered on over China's battered, tortuous highways.
early 16th century: via Latin from Greek asthmatikos, from asthma (see asthma).
More definitions of asthmaticDefinition of asthmatic in:
- The US English dictionary