- 1A moulding or wooden strip of semicircular cross section.More example sentences
- Of the 286 planes, the majority, were simple moldings like common ogees, astragals, beads, hollows and rounds.
- Each panel has attached astragal beading with curved comers topped by a beaded and fluted moulded cornice.
- 1.1 Architecture A narrow semicircular moulding round the top or bottom of a column.More example sentences
- A plain astragal ringed the column beneath its plain cap.
- There is a thick overlapping astragal running round the columns carrying the vaults and arches.
mid 17th century: from astragalus, partly via French astragale.
More definitions of astragalDefinition of astragal in:
- The US English dictionary