- 1Relating to or resembling the stars: astral navigationMore example sentences
- He's going to allot a section of the sky to each member of the family and have them count the number of stars in their designated astral plot.
- The two men had cited example after example of astrologically arranged marriages, full of astral promise, turning disastrous.
- The car's headlights led the way in this intensely gorgeous astral setting.
- 1.1Relating to a supposed non-physical realm of existence to which various psychic and paranormal phenomena are ascribed, and in which the physical human body is said to have a counterpart: spiritual beings from the astral planeMore example sentences
- Like us, they have both physical and astral bodies.
- The physical body can be cured by treating the astral body with energy healing.
- By some accounts, the astral body is a third component of humans, along with the material body and disincarnate soul.
early 17th century: from late Latin astralis, from astrum 'star'.
More definitions of astralDefinition of astral in:
- The US English dictionary