Definition of astrodome in English:
1chiefly US An enclosed stadium with a domed roof: the Houston Astrodome
More example sentences
- The complex has two grass pitches, two AstroTurf™ pitches and an astrodome containing another indoor pitch which is said to be too small to satisfy the FA rules.
- They're exhausted; all waiting to be evacuated by bus to Houston's astrodome.
2A domed window in an aircraft for astronomical observations.
- The four men escaped the aircraft through the astrodome.
- There was no more fire from the enemy aircraft, identified from the astrodome by the navigator, as a Ju 88.
- An astrodome was located in the top of the fuselage forward of the aft partition of the crew quarters.
Words that rhyme with astrodomeradome • Styrofoam
Definition of astrodome in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.