Definition of astrogation in English:
(In science fiction) navigation in outer space.
- I need you to run the astrogation computers for the descent.
- They had no maps, no charts, no astrogation data, yet they brought the galaxy to its knees.
- It's possible, of course, to jump ‘blind’ as long as your astrogation computer doesn't have the safety controls engaged, but the practice has little to recommend it.
- Example sentences
- Dr. Hendrix, the chief astrogator and the main impetus in Max's training, dies of a heart attack and his replacement, Simes, mismanages the next transition through a congruency.
- They provide assistance to Jedi pilots as onboard astrogators, technicians, and communications specialists and are outfitted with various tools for utility and repair.
- They have been traveling the galaxy for all of recorded history, and seem to have innate abilities as pilots and astrogators.
Definition of astrogation in:
- US English dictionary