- The measurement of the positions, motions, and magnitudes of stars.More example sentences
- In this way, astronomers will perform very precise astrometry to detect the reflex motion of stars due to orbiting planets.
- One technique, known as astrometry, involves precisely measuring the position of a star.
- The main branches are astrometry, celestial mechanics, and astrophysics.
- More example sentences
- To date there have been no successful detections of extrasolar planets with the astrometric method.
- Tycho had collected in one place the finest astrometric instruments of his day - four decades before Galileo introduced the astronomical telescope.
- After obtaining the images, she used astrometric software to determine the coordinates of the target asteroid's apparent position in each image.
More definitions of astrometryDefinition of astrometry in:
- The US English dictionary