noun[treated as singular]
- The science and technology of space travel and exploration.More example sentences
- It is a non-profit corporation created to stimulate the exchange of ideas and information about rocketry and astronautics and to promote recognition of the nation's achievements in space.
- Professions that helped humanity reach the Moon include astronautics, rocketry, space medicine, and space science.
- The Mars Society was founded in August 1998 at a conference attended by more than 700 people, the prime mover being an engineer, Robert Zubrin, whose ideas have revolutionised Mars astronautics.
More definitions of astronauticsDefinition of astronautics in:
- The US English dictionary