- A member of a class of divine beings in the Vedic period, which in Indian mythology tend to be evil and in Zoroastrianism are benevolent. Compare with deva.More example sentences
- The asuras say that this world is unreal, with no foundation, no God in control.
- The asuras demanded their share of the prize, but the devas reneged on their agreement, realizing that if their wicked rivals drank the nectar they would be eternally unbeatable.
- Nothing as gratifying as this has ever happened, they declare again and again, since the wars between the gods and the asuras.
More definitions of asuraDefinition of asura in:
- The US English dictionary