- A player’s turn at batting, as officially recorded: he had three singles in four at-batsMore example sentences
- He joins Wilson and Juan Samuel as the only players ever to record 700-plus at bats in a season.
- He is also the first player in baseball history to have more times on base than official at bats over the course of a season.
- He wondered how a player this bad could be given 3000 at bats in the major leagues.
adverb(at bat) Back to top
- Batting: an infielder hit safely in seven consecutive times at batMore example sentences
- My second time at bat was in Baltimore, and I got my first home run off Robin Roberts, one of the all-time great pitchers.
- He was easily one of the dominating first basemen of his generation, both at bat and on the field.
- The way to win baseball games is to score runs when at bat and prevent runs when in the field.
More definitions of at-batDefinition of at-bat in:
- The US English dictionary