- 1Immediately: I fell asleep at onceMore example sentences
immediately, right away, right now, this moment/instant/second/minute, now, straight away, instantly, instantaneously, directly, suddenly, abruptly, summarily, forthwith, promptly, without delay/hesitation, without further ado; quickly, as fast as possible, as soon as possible, fast, speedily, with all speed• informal like a shot, in/like a flash, before you can say Jack Robinson, in two shakes (of a lamb's tail)
- When using oil, the mixture should be combined as quickly as possible, then baked at once.
- The call goes to Birkenshaw who have files on all the area and can direct a fire crew to me at once.
- If it is broken it must be used at once, for it discolours and spoils quickly.
- 2At the same time; simultaneously: computers that can do many things at onceMore example sentences
- There was a slow churning of his thought processes as two ideas came together at once.
- In the low light of the gallery the effect is at once beautiful and rather ominous.
- Everything is happening at once at the moment, in a manner that is proving really rather hard to deal with.
More definitions of at onceDefinition of at once in:
- The US English dictionary