Definition of atemporal in English:
Existing or considered without relation to time.
- We have entered an atemporal, instantaneous period, which shows to what point time is a construction and even a political construction.
- But the charm of the film might be how absolutely contrived it is, from its highly stylized, atemporal look and feel to the tortuous backstory that informs its fantastical events.
- These ideas find their visual counterparts in artists such as David Salle or Julian Schnabel, whose works explore the fragmented, chaotic and atemporal nature of existence in the present.
- 1atemporality noun
- Example sentences
- Using Kleinian terminology, these authors note that in some newcomers who have ‘persecutory guilt,’ ‘we often find an atemporality in which past and present are confused.’
- Heller wisely suggests returning to the profounder insights of St. Augustine and St. Thomas on the atemporality of God and the act of Creation.
- Still, this atemporality of desire is different from the atemporality of pleasure/happiness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.