1 Chemistry The number of atoms in the molecules of an element.
- In other words, as this encyclopedia entry says, a molecule of oxygen has an atomicity of 2.
- Taking into account the conservation of atoms we may determine all transition atomicities and represent atomic channels as graphs of distribution of atoms.
2 [mass noun] The state or fact of being composed of indivisible units.
- A very simple consistency requirement is that of failure atomicity: the application either terminates normally, producing the intended results, or is aborted, producing no results at all.
- CDP-based restoration provides atomicity, offering a holistic data set which can be recovered whether or not an application was quiescent at the moment of recovery.
- There have been a number of cases presented where atomicity over a group of operations has been desirable.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: atom|icity
Definition of atomicity in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.