adjectiveAnatomy & Physiology
- Relating to the atrial and ventricular chambers of the heart, or the connection or coordination between them.More example sentences
- Prenatal scanning is now so sophisticated that in Britain over half of all cases of hypoplastic left heart and atrioventricular connections involving a single ventricle are now diagnosed before birth.
- Thus, after delay in the atrioventricular mode, atrial contraction is followed by rapid and coordinated contraction of the ventricles.
- Atrial tachycardia with atrioventricular block is typically seen with digoxin toxicity.
More definitions of atrioventricularDefinition of atrioventricular in:
- The US English dictionary