- 1A person or animal that attacks someone or something: her attacker then ran offMore example sentences
- Police admit that her killer may be a serial attacker who has struck at least six times.
- In conventional jails, vicious murderers and sex attackers have little incentive to behave well or change.
- In January the authorities charged the two alleged attackers with murder and arson.
- 2(In sport) a player whose task is to attack the other side’s goal in the attempt to score; a forward: the team gave the visiting attackers and midfield men a hard timeMore example sentences
- The attacker has just scored a goal for his team that wins them the FA Cup in the final minutes of the game.
- He is a defender, he is a midfielder but he is also an attacker - a winger who makes and scores goals.
- They have strength throughout the squad from goalkeeper to attackers.