Definition of attest in English:
- Compaq's growth, in particular, is attested by anecdotal evidence from industry.
- Substantial evidence now attests to the extent of doctors' unhappiness with the state of their relationships with managers.
- No certain archaeological evidence exists to attest these invasions, and there is still much uncertainty about the route taken and places visited.
- I know a few professors who can attest to this.
- Numerous young professional players can attest to his tireless encouragement and invaluable expertise.
- Many highly trained professionals can attest to the irrelevance of evolutionary theory.
- Skaters desirous of taking part in trials should bring their birth certificates duly attested by principals of their respective schools.
- They had no intention to verify or attest the Deceased's signature.
- Participants must be present at the venue with bona fide certificates attested by their school head master or principals.
testicle from (Late Middle English):
The ancient Romans felt that a man's testicles testified that he was male. They formed the word testiculus from Latin testis ‘witness’, the source also of attest (late 16th century); detest (Late Middle English) which originally meant to denounce; protest (Late Middle English); testify (Late Middle English); and intestate (Late Middle English) ‘without a witnessed will’. The testicles were the ‘witnesses’ of the man's virility.
- Example sentences
- A copy of the attestation, or certificate stating that you are the owner of the property, should be issued to you within three months.
- The journalist is also in breach of an oath of attestation that he made in becoming a police constable.
- The 44-year-old ex-Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner took over from David Wilmot today - and became the first policeman in Britain to take the new oath of attestation.
- Example sentences
- Prior to the evaluation of your course, you'll be requested to submit a report to the attestors.
- These rules are sometimes at odds with each other, resulting in financial statements that are confusing to users, preparers and attestors.
- A task force of approximately 15 persons is appointed, including preparers, attestors and users of financial information who are knowledgeable about the subject matter.
Words that rhyme with attestabreast, arrest, beau geste, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, celeste, chest, contest, crest, digest, divest, guest, hest, infest, ingest, jest, lest, Midwest, molest, nest, northwest, pest, prestressed, protest, quest, rest, self-addressed, self-confessed, self-possessed, southwest, suggest, test, Trieste, unaddressed, unexpressed, unimpressed, unpressed, unstressed, vest, west, wrest, zest
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.