- Public opinion and the public attitude to war is often a key to whether there will be a war in the first place.
- A sensitive attitude to cultural differences is necessary if the alliance is to succeed.
- It reminded me of how much we're complete opposites when it comes to our attitude to public transport.
- His stocky body was set in an attitude of hopeless challenge.
- Plus, this healthy physical attitude of yours indicates deeper emotional well-being and stability.
- Three plump blackbirds, made all the plumper by the cold-weather attitude of their feathers, sat in a ragged row.
- The women hobble and stretch on point, doing something looking like an attitude, the knee isn't raised, but the leg stretches out from the knee.
- The dancers could not be faulted for they rendered their attitudes, tours and pirouettes with steady, professional manner.
- Staff have an attitude and can't even raise a smile when you tip them!
- She came to his studio with attitude, but cradled his face in her hands to kiss him before she left.
- Last season they arrived with attitude and generally did not treat us well, making fun of us even though they are not very good themselves.
- Although the pilot cannot deliberately overshoot the attitude limitation, the aircraft can.
- It is important to fully understand the effect a liquid's movement can have on the attitude control of these spacecraft.
- We use our view of the ground, the horizon and the sky to keep the airplane in the right attitude.
Late 17th century (denoting the placing or posture of a figure in art): from French, from Italian attitudine 'fitness, posture', from late Latin aptitudo, from aptus 'fit'.
Words that rhyme with attitudebeatitude, gratitude, latitude, platitude
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.