noun[mass noun] Law
- The formal transference of something to someone else.More example sentences
- It seems that there cannot be an attornment when the third party holds the borrower's property in bulk with those of others, such that it is not identifiable, e.g. grain in a silo.
- His subsequent procedural failures under Florida law do not invalidate that attornment.
- The attornment is much less drastic and intrusive into the rights of the mortgagee.
More definitions of attornmentDefinition of attornment in:
- The US English dictionary