- A substance which attracts: a sex attractant given off by female moths to attract a mateMore example sentences
- In addition to finding the sugars, salts, nitrogen, and amino acids they need to survive, they must also consume certain chemicals used for making sex attractants.
- In most species, the pheromones act as attractants and sexual stimulants.
- A flower, for example, may mimic sexual attractants to draw pollinating insects, while other animals may emit scents that deter predators.
More definitions of attractantDefinition of attractant in:
- The US English dictionary