1Make receptive or aware: a society more attuned to consumerism than ideology (as adjective attuned) the Department is very attuned politically
More example sentences
- The Bochum Symphony Orchestra are attuned to these overtly romantic pieces and both soloists are also top class interpreters.
- The 1930s thrillers seem more politically aware and attuned to their times.
- What he has delivered is a powerful and solid opera, beautifully attuned to the expectations of its audience, challenging but never going too far, involving and magical.
1.1Accustom or acclimatize: students are not attuned to making decisions
More example sentences
- Intelligence tools, furthermore, must be attuned to geographic conditions.
- This means education systems and economic structures that are attuned to, and can adapt to, global technological innovations.
- Said Jeff, ‘… I am pretty elderly myself and I do not feel a need for a firearm especially attuned to my aging condition.’
- Example sentences
- Anyway the Bowen technique, if you believe it, allows the body to reset itself and heal itself via a series of gentle attunements.
- Wicca, witchcraft, paganism, whatever you want to call it, is more like an attunement with the forces of nature, a response to them.
- The physical daring, coupled with the sensuousness and intimacy, and the feeling of intuitive attunement between these two fascinating dancers, makes Push nearly, but not quite, a triumph.
Words that rhyme with attuneafternoon, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, festoon, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: at¦tune
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.