- Not representative of a type, group, or class: a sample of people who are rather atypical of the target audience there were somewhat atypical results in May and NovemberMore example sentences
unusual, untypical, non-typical, uncommon, unconventional, unorthodox, off-centre, anomalous, irregular, abnormal, aberrant, deviant, divergent; strange, odd, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, queer, freakish, freak, eccentric, quirky, alien; exceptional, singular, rare, unique, isolated, unrepresentative, out of the way, out of the ordinary, extraordinary; British out of the commonBritish • informal rum
- Except in the most atypical and extreme cases, women are never truly proud of promiscuity.
- Such isolated examples would be atypical and quite misleading.
- But I have to admit that my circumstances are unusual and my reaction is probably atypical.
- More example sentences
- Other than two stretches of atypically cool weather in mid- and late May, the temperature never dropped below 60 from April 8 until Wednesday morning.
- The British press has been atypically lenient in its review of his atrociously indecorous behaviour.
- Rainfall in arid regions is typically seasonal and often intense and may carry an atypically high sediment load, due in part to sparse vegetation in sediment source areas.