Definition of atypical in English:
Not representative of a type, group, or class: a sample of people who are rather atypical of the target audience there were somewhat atypical results in May and November
More example sentences
- Except in the most atypical and extreme cases, women are never truly proud of promiscuity.
- Such isolated examples would be atypical and quite misleading.
- But I have to admit that my circumstances are unusual and my reaction is probably atypical.
unusual, untypical, non-typical, uncommon, unconventional, unorthodox, off-centre, anomalous, irregular, abnormal, aberrant, deviant, divergent;
exceptional, singular, rare, unique, isolated, unrepresentative, out of the way, out of the ordinary, extraordinary;
British out of the common
British informal rum
- Example sentences
- Other than two stretches of atypically cool weather in mid- and late May, the temperature never dropped below 60 from April 8 until Wednesday morning.
- The British press has been atypically lenient in its review of his atrociously indecorous behaviour.
- Rainfall in arid regions is typically seasonal and often intense and may carry an atypically high sediment load, due in part to sparse vegetation in sediment source areas.
Words that rhyme with atypicalprototypical, stereotypical, typical
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan