- An inn in a French-speaking country.More example sentences
- These days, apparently ‘restored to look as it did in Van Gogh's day, the auberge serves superb French home cooking in a friendly, unpretentious atmosphere’.
- We're far now from Nouakchott, the capital of Mauritania, a city of heat, dust and sand-coloured auberges
- These days, Caron spends part of her time overseeing her auberge in Burgundy, some 100 km south of Paris.
French, from Provençal alberga 'lodging'.
More definitions of aubergeDefinition of auberge in:
- The US English dictionary