A dwarf evergreen Eurasian trailing plant with dense masses of foliage and purple, pink, or white flowers, widely cultivated in rock gardens.
- Aubrieta deltoidea, family Cruciferae
More example sentences
- The most commonly planted rockery flowers are aubretia and alyssum.
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
- Creeping phlox, thyme and aubrietia grow between terrace stones, in typical English fashion, next to a creeping bent lawn.
early 19th century: modern Latin, named after Claude Aubriet (1668–1743), French botanist.
Definition of aubretia in:
- The US English dictionary