- An obsolete form of the card game bridge, in which all tricks won counted towards the game whether bid or not.More example sentences
- This is the game that the plain word ‘bridge ‘originally referred to, before the development of auction bridge and then today's contract bridge.’
- The bridge club offers contract and not auction bridge.
- In turn, bridge evolved into auction bridge in the first decade of the 20th century, and contract bridge was developed in the 1920s and '30s.
More definitions of auction bridgeDefinition of auction bridge in:
- The US English dictionary