Definition of auctioneer in English:
A person who conducts auctions by accepting bids and declaring goods sold.
- Baker had instructed auctioneers to sell certain goods.
- Only a handful of auctioneers in Dublin sell computer equipment from liquidations or receiverships.
- The property will be sold by top auctioneers at a London hotel on May 19.
- Example sentences
- This year's sale is sponsored by the Sligo firm who specialise in auctioneering, valuations and mortgages.
- It is essential to the profession of auctioneering.
- As a sign of the boom in the property sector, the Irish Auctioneers and Valuers Institute were seeking recruits to auctioneering.
Definition of auctioneer in:
- US English dictionary