- Relating to or perceived through the sense of hearing.More example sentences
- The sound as a whole - with many audial comings and goings - is brilliantly handled.
- Over the years, in terms of my own poetry, I've formed what I call an audial imagination, one that is central to everything I do with voice in composing and with voice in revising.
- Some get visual stimuli, others audial… some just get a feeling in their gut that says ‘right then, that worked’.
late 20th century: formed irregularly from Latin audire 'hear' (compare with audile), on the pattern of visual.
More definitions of audialDefinition of audial in:
- The US English dictionary