Scottish form of old. that’s what my auld da used to say
More example sentences
- But we had a great auld night and we will make up for it again.
- The auld enemy, England, was, in fact, their saviour, and - but for the chattering-class nationalist posturing - could still be so now.
- just like in the good auld days of Henry VIII, Bloody Mary and James II.
Old English ald, Anglian form of old.
- informal A name for Edinburgh.[literally 'old Smoky', from reek (sense 2) of the noun)]
Definition of auld in:
- The US English dictionary