- 1The sister of one’s father or mother or the wife of one’s uncle: she was brought up by her aunt and uncleMore example sentences
- Our girls need their mothers and fathers, their aunts and uncles, but they need their big sisters too.
- These are our grandmothers and aunts and uncles and fathers and sisters and cousins and close friends.
- While her husband survived, she lost her grandmother, her sister, a dozen aunts and uncles, and many cousins.
Middle English: from Old French ante, from Latin amita.
More definitions of auntDefinition of aunt in:
- The US English dictionary