- An Alpine primula from which a wide range of flowering cultivars have been developed. It has leaves that supposedly resemble bears' ears. Also called bear's ear.
More example sentences
- Primula auricula, family Primulaceae
- Included at the show will be displays of daffodils and tulips, auriculas and primulas, bonsai and alpines with members of the National Auricula and Primula Society exhibiting top quality plants.
- Favorite plants such as roses, lilies, poppies, auriculas, and passionflowers are found on examples of penwork datable to the 1820s, 1830s, and 1840s.
- The little auriculas are blooming in their cold frame.
mid 17th century: from Latin, diminutive of auris 'ear'.