- 1The action of authorizing: the raising of revenue and the authorization of spendingMore example sentences
- The problem here is whether the police force have obtained the proper authorization to monitor innocent people.
- But he Eriksson has alleged the pictures were obtained without his authorisation.
- Both parties involved would need to attend one of the specialist register offices in person to obtain authorisation.
- 1.1 [count noun] A document giving official permission: Horowitz handed him the authorization signed by EvansMore example sentences
permission, consent, leave, sanction, licence, dispensation, warrant, clearance; assent, acquiescence, agreement, approval, seal of approval, approbation, endorsement, blessing, imprimatur, acceptance, rubber stamp, accreditation; authority, right, power, mandate; Latin nihil obstat• informal the go-ahead, the thumbs up, the OK, the green light, the nod, say-so• rare permit
- If Congress acts and the president signs the annual budget authorizations, then you'll see how meaningless that deal really is.
- Customers will sign authorisations and receipts on a touch-sensitive pad.
- The Committee and the City met on September 21, at which time the Committee presented the City with copies of the authorizations signed by the Sandy Beach leaseholders.