noun (plural autos)[usually as modifier] informal, chiefly North American
A car: the auto industry
More example sentences
- Did you ever wonder why the North American auto industry is concentrated where it is?
- Making use of the internet for getting the best suited auto insurance is not a demanding task.
- Finding the best auto parts actually depends on you, so make the right choice now!
Late 19th century: abbreviation of automobile.
Words that rhyme with autoOporto, Porto, quarto
Short for automatic.
- It has a much slower rate of fire than the auto shotgun, but it hits just as hard.
- I was playing with the auto contrast on my camera, setting it by focussing one area then moving it to point somewhere else.
- Let's be honest here: if I got an auto response, how can the contents of my email have been noted.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.