- A German, Austrian, or Swiss motorway.More example sentences
- According to one radio report, half the fatalities on German Autobahns are caused by tailgating.
- I am at home right now preparing for a weekend on the German Autobahn.
- After his release from incarceration, he worked briefly with construction crews building the Autobahn, Germany's superhighway.
1930s: from German, from Auto 'motor car' + Bahn 'path, road'.
More definitions of autobahnDefinition of autobahn in:
- The US English dictionary