verb (autodials, autodialling, autodialled; US autodials, autodialing, autodialed)[no object] Computing
- (Of a modem) automatically dial a telephone number or establish a connection with a computer.More example sentences
- She flipped open her PA and looked up ‘Vermont’, then ‘government’, then ‘legal departments’, then ‘Attorney General’, then autodialed the number.
- When the companies announced their merger, the nation's media reporters autodialed the usual critics of media conglomeration.
- However, what it doesn't do is put a 1 in front of long distance numbers, so when you autodial the number all you get is a helpful phone company recording that says, ‘We're sorry, you must first dial a 1 when calling this number.’
More definitions of autodialDefinition of autodial in:
- The US English dictionary