- 1A device focusing a camera or other piece of equipment automatically.More example sentences
- In either case, you'll know when you're trying to take a picture that's beyond the camera's close-focus capability, because the autofocus won't lock on.
- The larger issue concerns the fact that some purchasers of the new digital model are complaining that the autofocus doesn't work properly; that the camera focuses slightly ahead of or behind the intended spot.
- Actually, where the latter is concerned you've no choice, but I often find myself turning off the autofocus and twisting the focus ring manually, too.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The facility for automatic focusing: these pictures were shot with the help of autofocusMore example sentences
- If you were to photograph people, then I would say autofocus would be useful.
- The combination of low angle, wide lens and autofocus created a unique perspective.
- When shooting, the camera is satisfyingly responsive, with quick autofocus and minimal shutter delay.
- More example sentences
- Because a dedicated flash's output is mated to the autofocusing system, the camera even knows how far away your subject is.
- Cells were monitored in an inverted phase contrast microscope with autofocusing controlled by dedicated software.
- One option would be to use the precision-engineered rings of piezoelectric ceramic used in stills cameras to move an autofocusing lens.
More definitions of autofocusDefinition of autofocus in:
- The US English dictionary