noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Poisoning by a toxin formed within the body itself.More example sentences
- If the liver is overworked or not functioning properly, it can't convert toxins into waste matter for elimination, and you can end up literally poisoning yourself - a process called autointoxication.
- It is a simple chemical, and a viable hypothesis is that autointoxication by similar molecules may cause sporadic diseases.
- Not the least intimidating of the cures for autointoxication was surgery, colectomy to be precise.
More definitions of autointoxicationDefinition of autointoxication in:
- The US English dictionary