noun[mass noun] Psychology
- Conditioning in which the conditioned response has not been reinforced by reward or punishment, but is a modified instinctive response to certain stimuli.More example sentences
- After a week of acclimation to the cages (when food was provided by a separate feeder), birds were induced to peck the response keys by a standard autoshaping procedure.
- In this video, a pigeon that has initially undergone autoshaping training is placed on an omission schedule.
- There were significant differences in rate of acquisition of lever pressing during the autoshaping training between different groups of rats.
More definitions of autoshapingDefinition of autoshaping in:
- The US English dictionary