Definition of autosome in English:
Any chromosome that is not a sex chromosome.
- The chromosomal complement of each cell is divided into the autosomes and the sex chromosomes.
- The sex chromosomes and autosomes spend different times in the germ line of the two sexes.
- The results are attributed to introgression with a higher rate for autosomes than for sex chromosomes.
- Example sentences
- After germline transformation, two autosomal transgenic lines were recovered.
- Tumor suppressor genes are located on autosomal chromosomes.
- For autosomal transgenes, both males and females were used for classification.
Definition of autosome in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan