noun (plural autostradas or autostrade /-deɪ, -de/)
- An Italian motorway.More example sentences
- He is racing down the autostrada just outside Rimini with two Italian secret service men tailing him.
- Within minutes they were on the autostrada heading for Siena.
- The increased limit will apply on autostrada with three lanes in each direction and the latest barriers to prevent vehicles from leaving each carriageway.
1920s: from Italian, from auto 'automobile' + strada 'road'.
More definitions of autostradaDefinition of autostrada in:
- The US English dictionary