Definition of autowinder in English:
A device which automatically winds on the film in a camera after a picture has been taken.
- A magnet is supported upon the L-shaped trigger arm and actuates the autowinder function within the housing.
- We were not using motors or autowinders which were rarities in the military for photojournalist at that time.
- The camera has an autowinder interface that allows for continuous shooting, at a rate of 2 frames per second.
- Example sentences
- Use your autowind or motor drive to fire off three or four successive shots to increase your odds of getting a winner.
- With an autowind camera, shoot only one frame at a time.
- If your camera has the autowind feature, it will automatically go to the first frame.
Pronunciation: /ˈɔːtəʊwʌɪnd/noun& verb
Definition of autowinder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.