Definition of autowinder in English:
A device which automatically winds on the film in a camera after a picture has been taken.
- A magnet is supported upon the L-shaped trigger arm and actuates the autowinder function within the housing.
- We were not using motors or autowinders which were rarities in the military for photojournalist at that time.
- The camera has an autowinder interface that allows for continuous shooting, at a rate of 2 frames per second.
- Example sentences
- Use your autowind or motor drive to fire off three or four successive shots to increase your odds of getting a winner.
- With an autowind camera, shoot only one frame at a time.
- If your camera has the autowind feature, it will automatically go to the first frame.
Pronunciation: /ˈɔːtəʊwʌɪnd/noun& verb
Definition of autowinder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan