- Of, characteristic of, or occurring in autumn: rich autumnal coloursMore example sentences
- And finally we went to the Golden Temple which had some of the most stunning autumnal colours in the grounds, and it was almost luminous at dusk.
- A band of cloud could bring some light rainfall on Saturday night, but there were signs that next week will bring more usual autumnal weather.
- The first day of the Vancouver International Film Festival coincided with the first massive autumnal rain.
late 16th century: from Latin autumnalis, from autumnus 'autumn'.
More definitions of autumnalDefinition of autumnal in:
- The US English dictionary