- Characterized by or associated with a lack of blood vessels: avascular necrosis the cornea is avascularMore example sentences
- She had undergone a right hip replacement because of avascular necrosis of the femoral head associated with use of corticosteroids.
- Defects of the hip's cartilage can be caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, avascular necrosis, and trauma.
- The areas with aggregates of cavernous-type blood vessels alternated with avascular zones.
More definitions of avascularDefinition of avascular in:
- The US English dictionary