noun (plural aviatrices /-trɪsiːz/)• dated
- A female pilot.More example sentences
- It should be noted that the lecturer alluded in his account to the passage of the American aviatrix Amelia in these waters of the Pacific during her attempted around the world flight.
- In As White as in Snow, Troell, now 70, tells the true story of Elsa Anderson, the first Swedish woman to become an aviatrix.
- By that time, the aviatrix had gone on to produce an exhibition and command the Women's Air Training Corp during World War II.
More definitions of aviatrixDefinition of aviatrix in:
- The US English dictionary