- 1Keen interest or enthusiasm: he read detective stories with avidityMore example sentences
- Over the years I have read with avidity various intellectual disputes in The New York Review of Books and other literary journals.
- With a tractable reading list in front of me my impatience with reading turned quickly into avidity.
- The euro seems to be reviled with avidity and fervour wherever one goes, from Holland to the Med.
- 2 Biochemistry The overall strength of binding between an antibody and an antigen.More example sentences
- If infection is established (infection greater than about 4 months), this agent will have a lesser ability to disrupt the complexes because of high antibody avidity (binding strength).
- To improve the diagnosis of illness caused by B 19 and to discriminate primary from secondary infection, a protein denaturing assay for avidity of erythrovirus-specific IgG antibodies or measurement of IgG subclass, can be used.
- Because of the low avidity of the antibody, HSF1 needed to be enriched prior to western blot.
late Middle English: from French avidité or Latin aviditas, from avidus 'eager, greedy'.