adjectiveNorth American • informal
- Self-deprecating and shy: he’s filled with aw-shucks nicenessMore example sentences
- Their self-deprecating wit, aw-shucks harmonies, and obsession with intoxicating spirits bring to mind Texas roots rockers the Gourds.
- Between songs you get Chris talking straight to the camera, making goofy self-deprecating jokes in his aw-shucks kind of way.
- With a gigantic career based upon an aw-shucks tone of blue collar tales of midwestern values, couldn't one little fling many years ago get absolved after a teary apology?
More definitions of aw-shucksDefinition of aw-shucks in:
- The US English dictionary